January has us tiptoeing around muddy footing and getting rained out of lesson days while daydreaming of upcoming trips to Thermal and Florida. With warmer conditions and the first big shows of the season drawing near, it’s easy to just mentally check out of winter altogether.
For this edition of our monthly must-haves, we’re going rider off duty with practical pieces that up the style factor whether you’re in the ring or out to lunch. Every piece on our list does double duty, taking you from saddle to Sauv Blanc in two seconds flat. They’re also perfect layering pieces for winter getaway shows like HITS Coachella when the weather is unpredictable but you’re wanting to elevate a notch past an old sweatshirt and rain boots.
1. Free x Rein Moto Equestrian Bodysuit in Forest, $135.00 at Free x Rein
2. Le Fash Gotham City Breech in Black & Tan, $298.00 at Le Fash NY
3. Sam Edelman Tinsley Rain Boot, $54.95 at Nordstrom
4. Noel Asmar Basics Drew Vest, $244.00 at Noel Asmar Equestrian
5. Brooklyn Hat Company Gemma Rancher Hat, $69.99 at Mary’s Tack and Feed